Monday, May 9, 2011

05 09 2011 Week In Review

After a brief delay in posting blocks the folks at Patchwork Squared have really moved ahead.
  
The Staked! block took a lot longer to put together than I thought it would. On the plus side I didn't make any mistakes and it is exactly 12.5 X 12.5. 


Tail Spin
This block went together smoothly as well but is not exactly 12.5 X 12.5. Oh well.....

Four Wheeler

This block was painful. I cut the triangles too big and had to trim them. On the other hand I did learn how to use my Wrights Companion Angle ruler. Turns out it's a pretty hand little item.

 Wrights Companion Angle 670139; 2 Items/Order
I did make it to the Home Machine Quilting show on Thursday with some amazing friends (who do not have blogs.) To be honest I found the whole thing very overwhelming and ended up not spending any money. So many quilts, quilting machines and tools. I wish they would give you a discount if you came back a second time I probably would have purchased something. But this coming week is quilt market and I have to save my strength.

The weekend took me out to the yard and weeds that have been happily growing since last October. I noticed the ivy behind our shed is dying (yea!!!!) and found a LARGE wasp nest hidden among the dead leaves. Fortunately it was dead also.





No comments:

Post a Comment